Saturday, June 20, 2009

Rock Star in the House


Today I drove out to Lancaster County with my son and grandson to take a ride on Thomas the Tank Engine. Thomas could probably take over the world if he wanted to. He's the best thing since sliced bread. He is a rock star. Kids love him, parents love him.. even Grandmom loves Thomas.

My grandson is a huge train enthusiast. He loves them all... steam engines, diesels, passenger, freight... you name it. He's fascinated by all things trains. And he's a big Thomas fan.

So when we found out that the Strasburg Railroad was hosting a "Day Out with Thomas" event we couldn't pass up the opportunity even though the weather forecast for today was a bit hit or miss. We got rained on once and had to take cover in one of the food tents, but all in all it was a terrific day.

Lancaster is an interesting area, known best I guess, for it's large Amish population. It had been several years since I had been out that way and I'd forgotten how pretty it is in the summer. Thomas pulled beautiful restored railway cars through some picturesque farmland (that's tobacco growing) and some interesting crossroads (buggy rides by an enterprising Amish gentleman).






So I don't expect to get too much knitting done this weekend but the little guy had fun so there's always tomorrow.
Now, if I can just find the time to sew on some buttons I may have a few FO's to share next time.

Happy Knitting!

6 comments:

  1. My nephew LOVED Thomas when he was a little guy.

    When "I" was little, my favorite thing to do was go to Strasburg, ride the train and then have supper at the Strasburg Hotel. YUM----shoofly PIE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my son was young he adored Thomas the Tank Engine. He spent hours playing Thomas and watching him on T.V. Sounds like a grand day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thomas is hot! Glad you had a great day. You were in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. My friends son loves Thomas. They even named their dog after him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very neat and what a wonderful memory for you all... both Isaiah and Roo watched Tomas. Isaiah had a little Tomas train set...great cartoon : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Yeah.. Thomas is a rock star.. Great pics. My grandson would love to see that.

    ReplyDelete